Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
16 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm
The Ultrasonographer is responsible for the scheduling, performance, and quality of ob/gyn ultrasound examinations.
- Performs obstetric and gynecologic Ultrasound procedures according to MFM protocol.
- Responsible for the performance, and quality of ultrasound examinations.
- Communications with physicians, offices, and other employees are essential to the efficient daily operation of the department.
- Clerical duties in hospital computer systems associated to department.
- Follows all QA/QC guidelines for all equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in ultrasonography is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is required.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Sonography
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), required in OB/GYN
- 2 - 4 years of experience in OB/GYN Sonography, preferred
- Fetal Echo certification, preferred
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: