Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Medical Assistant (Primary Care - Clermont), FULL-TIME, to join our Primary Care team in Clermont, Florida. **$3,500 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)
Nemours primary care practices provide a kid-friendly, family-centered pediatric primary care experience for families in Central Florida. With 20 primary care and three urgent care practices conveniently located throughout the region, we provide quality, professional pediatric services with special attention on preventive care and whole-child wellness.
Provides professional clinical care for patients in a primary care office setting, following established standards of care and practices including the coordination of patient flow.
1. Responsible for patient flow of clinic.
Greet patients and families and prepares them for provider examination.
Obtain vital signs.
Obtain and prepare laboratory specimens.
Performance of in-office laboratory test and entering results into EMR.
Administer immunizations according to guidelines.
Administer prescribed medications including oral, injectable, and inhaled.
2. Maintains and reviews patient's EMR, and other information, and ensures accurate documentation is available for providers reviews.
- Checks laboratory results, posts tests and exam results in chart as required.
- Follow up on cultures, labs, and outside testing ordered.
3. Prepares equipment and rooms and assists physician during treatments, examinations, procedures and testing of patients.
4. Keeps exam rooms clean and stocked of all needed supplies
5. Ensures provider's orders are carried out.
- Arranges for patient diagnostic testing at outside facilities.
- Schedules referrals for appointments, home care, radiology, and other requests.
- Call pharmacies prescription orders/refills.
6. Ensures medications and immunizations are safely stored in an appropriate area as designated by law and departmental policy, and that medication and immunization expiration dates are evaluated on a monthly schedule.
7. Answer and responds to phone calls as needed and according to established guidelines.
- Schedules patients according to need.
- Answers or returns calls in a courteous and timely manner and documents calls according to established guidelines.
- High School Diploma required.
- Certification by American Association of Medical Assistants preferred.
- Must obtain BLS Certification within 90 days of hire date and continue to maintain as required.
- Occasional travel to another primary care location required.
**$3,500 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)