Location: Suffern, New York
The Assistant Nurse Manager demonstrates effective leadership for the hospital on the off shifts, weekends and holidays. This position serves as a resource for Emergency Department nursing staff and functions as the administrative representative of the hospital.
- Serves as a role model for clinical and professional practice.
- Acts as an independent, self-directed professional with demonstrated abilities in interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem resolution, and supports the hospital's needs.
- Promotes teamwork with all departments.
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires.
- Handles emergency situations per established protocol and contacts senior leadership, if needed.
- Act as a resource for Emergency Department Nursing staff.
- Assigns staff as appropriate. * Demonstrates a sound knowledge base and decision making in the provision of nursing care for a designated patient population.
- Delivers concise accurate reports to peers, ancillary staff, and other health team members.
- Safely administers medications, intravenous therapy, and blood/blood products.
- Demonstrates safety and accuracy in performing treatments and procedures.
- Assesses and delivers nursing care in accordance with hospital policies and best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of three years clinical experience; prior RN Supervisor and Emergency Room Nursing experience desired. CPR/ACLS certification
Graduation from an approved School of Nursing, BSN. Master's degree in Nursing or other health related discipline preferred.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.