Location: Suffern, New York
The Storeroom Clerk receives inspects and maintains a large number of supplies, materials and equipment to meet departmental need and orders tracks, receives, inspects, and unloads deliveries in addition to labeling, storing and delivering stocked items in accordance with established procedures.
- Reviews and processes requisitions, purchase orders, and maintains records on automated inventory systems.
- Maintains inventory of stored supplies and materials.
- Supervises or assign work storeroom staff as needed.
- Receives, unloads and issues supplies, materials, equipment, and food items and prepares them for proper storing and/or delivery.
- Inspects items for correct order, quality and quantity; Prepares and processes purchase orders for stock items in order to maintain an adequate inventory of supplies, forms, and equipment.
- Checks requisitions to insure that coding, quantities requested, quantities issued and authorizations are correct.
- Follows up on ordered items.
- Calls vendors to track orders placed and/or to rectify problems that may occur in receiving damaged and/or wrong items.
- Performs analyses of inventory as required.
- Conducts periodic inventories to determine the need for stocking replacement and to review the utilization rate and shelf life of stock items.
- Initiates credit procedures for damages, undelivered or reordered items to ensure nonduplication.
- Maintains control over inactive, unusual and/or excessive use of stock items.
- Maintains automated records and reports of items ordered, received and in stock in order to track utilization rates and cost of supplies.
- Operates hand and power driven equipment to move bulk items.
- Contacts outside service companies for repair of equipment and maintains records of repairs.
- Maintains the storeroom/warehouse in a clean and orderly condition and insures security of inventory and facility.
Three years of experience in the purchasing, ordering, receiving, storing and/or issuing of equipment, materials, and supplies. Experience with hospital supplies preferred
A high school diploma or equivalency required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.