Location: Suffern, New York
The Electrician is responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of telecommunications equipment for the Bon Secours Charity facilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs of all PBX, VOIP, and voicemail, paging and wireless telecommunications systems. Instrumental in the project rollout of all telecommunications, data and related equipment.
- Handles all trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Installs and tests communication and data circuits including Category 5, coaxial, fiber optic, and all other voice and data cabling with required terminations.
- Reviews work orders, moves and assemble equipment as needed.
- Coordinate with system support vendors for high level technical support issues as well as telecom providers to add, troubleshoot or disconnect lines.
- Create, maintain and edit a database of telecommunications circuits.
- Installs special telephone equipment, including amplifiers, large numeral telephones etc., on request.
- Performs basic and preventive maintenance and replacement of telephones.
- Works directly with Patient Advocates to resolve patient communications issues.
- Recommends ordering of new telecommunications equipment and repair of existing equipment including telephones, attendant consoles and related hardware.
- Telco technicians are available 24x7 to handle critical system trouble calls.
Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a telecommunications environment. Working knowledge of PBX and VoIP platforms. Must demonstrate the ability to work in a high pressure fast paced environment. Must be able to be flexible and possess excellent time management skills. Must have the ability to work well independently. Familiar with installation and troubleshooting of all data and communications cabling. Valid driver's license.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.