**Competitive compensation. Full benefits within 30 days. Bonus potential twice a year, annual reviews, generous PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement! Opportunities to continue to progress in your career!**
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
To provide a variety of patient care activities supporting the needs of the Supportive Care Program in both office duties/clerical, as well as clinical duties as necessary.
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as required by state of employment (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy)
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and timely
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for each patient prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider 100% of the time
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physician, company standards and policies
- Organized and accurate processing of appropriate documents
- Respects patient confidentiality
- Organizes Housecall bags and is responsible for ordering equipment as necessary
- Maintains all required certifications
- Answers phones and schedules appointments based on best geographic locations to minimize drive time between patients
- Schedule family meetings when appropriate
- Note taking during Interdisciplinary Team Meeting
- Ensuring proper communication between PCP and Supportive Care Team
- Triages patient phone calls to the appropriate destination, ensuring that urgent calls are expedited to the provider
- Readies patient chart for each provider’s daily visits:
- Map on front of the chart
- Charts updated with labs, data, consult notes, hospital records, etc.
- Consents in chart when appropriate
- Medical records management
- Participates in Marketing events
- Performing a medical house call if necessary
- Collect any samples from the home visits (labs) and ensure proper labeling/dissemination 19. Keep provider mileage logs and reimbursements
- Obtain and track referrals
- Fulfill medication refill requests
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent or higher
- Current unrestricted Licensed Vocational Nurse in applicable state of employment or compact license
- Current BLS certification or must obtain certification within 30 days of employment hire date
- 3+ years of related LVN or LPN clinical experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Perform procedures, injections and phlebotomy required
- Reliable transportation for daily travel to various locations as assigned
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of LVN or LPN experience in a medical, home or hospice setting
- Knowledge/experience in hospice, palliative care, chronic care and end-of-life patient management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.