***$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates***
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
***Adult Medicine / Geriatric experience highly preferred! If you have a passion for the senior population this is this is a great opportunity for you! This position is located at Sunrise and Civic Center**
Position in this function receives direction from Managerial Team. Gives direction to clinical support staff members of designated Primary Care Teams. Provide leadership and promote collaboration with internal and external team members. Works cooperatively with primary care team(s) and support staff to provide direct patient care. Provides clinical expertise and mentoring for clinical staff. Supports the overall vision of patient center medical home by achieving a positive balance of healthcare, cost outcomes and patient satisfaction on specific teams. Accountable for the patient experience through the system. Ensures appropriate standards of care are implemented and in compliance with all state and federal regulations, standards of practice, corporate policies and procedures.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Provide direct patient care with exemplary customer service to internal and external customers. Duties included but not limited to triage / screening patients; patient ancillary visits (injection, wound care); patient education; shared medical appointments; follow up in the office or by telephone with patients for medical management of health condition
- Coordination of patient care under the guidance of the primary care provider (hospital transfer, blood transfusion, PICC line, urgent or emergent referral, chemotherapy coordination, IV therapy, patient centered form completion), act as liaison in person or by telephone for health plan, case management activities, home health and disease management
- Manages back office patient flow in collaboration with providers and support staff. Ensure staffing is maintained, resources are allocated adequately to meet the team(s) need to function efficiently and effectively. Communicate daily task assignments, staffing changes or shift in work requirements to help the team(s) complete work accurately and on time. Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including new employee onboarding, performance management and disciplinary action if needed
- Ensure staff and clinical operations meet audit and regulatory compliance, assist in the capture and analysis of data related to department, quality measures, policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and / or standards of care. (i.e. PCMH, A3/tier Reporting, Monthly Audits, Visit Closure Audits, Quarterly Back Office Audits)
- Develop and implement patient centered treatment plans (Coumadin, Diabetic Insulin; Hypertension) under the guidance of the primary care provider
- Maintain, facilitate and promote primary care department protocols, processes, policies and standards to include but not limited to the following: Standard Rooming, 5S Exam rooms, Daily Huddles, New and Existing patient management, Medication Refills, Pathology Specimens, Radiology Procedures, and other Specialty specific protocols as signed by department head or designee
- Prepare reports and manages assigned projects related to the team(s) to include but not limited: Automated Referral, Tasking, Ancillary, Huddles, Staff time away from work (PTO, Sick, Training, etc.), Staff job assignment and Scheduling
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Automated Referrals, Touchworks and IDX
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Current CPR / BLS
- 3+ years of relevant nursing experience
- 3+ years of progressive management in healthcare
- Proficient in all Microsoft Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to perform clinical skills of assessment, triage, invasive processes and emergency care
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Adult / Geriatric experience
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Automated IDX, Automated referrals, Touchworks
- Experience in EMR
- Bilingual Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.