Location: West Nyack, New York
Responsible to evaluate learning needs of the Home Care staff and to plan and implement staff education programs to meet the identified needs. Assumes overall responsibility for staff orientation, student clinical rotations, and assumes EMR super user responsibilities.
- Reviews documentation for adequacy and completeness of documentation, efficacy of treatments performed, and policy adherence. Informs staff of all sub-standard documentation issues.
- Instructs staff in documentation standards and skills, communicates with supervisor about documentation issues and develops with Manager new documentation tools as necessary.
- Participation in intra and inter-agency patient centered conferences and team conferences.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and ethical conduct in compliance with departmental standards.
- Assists with documentation education of nurses, HHAs, and rehab staff. Attends a minimum of 6 in-services programs annually.
- Serves as a mentor to staff.
- Conducts in-services programs for staff regarding Home Care services on documentation Communicates effectively to nurses regarding documentation relating to payment and completion of 485/7 and OASIS.
- Coordinates clinical experience for students. Collaborates with staff regarding patient plan of care and progress.
- Demonstrates proper teaching techniques in the development and implementation of individualized age specific teaching plan and seeks assistance as needed.
- Teach and supervise staff to gain knowledge and skills to appropriately carry out documentation tasks.
- Serves as a resource to staff and provide support to staff.
- Interpret program services and policies to general public and other health services, providers and recipients of Home Care.
- Conducts and supervises orientation of new personnel and students related to all aspects of Home Care. Provides guidance through telephone or personal contact with staff.
- Functions as a resource for staff requiring clinical direction.
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize and organize daily assignments.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Reviews requests from fiscal intermediaries and forwards requested documentation to outpatient billing.
- Assists manager in review and development of clinical policies.
- Participates in quarterly UR meeting and follow-up of non-compliance issues.
- Reviews patient charts for compliance with Federal, State and local regulations to assure payment.
- Completes assigned tasks/special assignments as delegated in a timely fashion.
- Competent in knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations.
- Accurately reviews patient charts/documentation for compliance with Federal, State and local regulations to assure payment.
- Competent in knowledge of documentation requirements for Home Care.
- Competent in knowledge of Home Care practice and scope of services.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge re: skilled treatments and interventions.
- Staff Orientation - job specific and discipline specific Collects and validates paperwork upon hire.
- Makes joint visits with staff for competency Completes competency for all newly hired certified HHAs, Monthly in-services, Annual Mandatories, Compiles staff self-assessments, Competencies Remediation, Presents or arranges for department in-services Dictated by departmental changes; JCAHO, changing regulations.
- Computer training laptops and telephony, maintains in-services records, completes annual in-service and competency summary and prepares annual staff education plan.
- Participates on JCAHO prep related to HR chapter.
- Conducts CPR training.
- Maintains staff equipment as well as dedicated equipment and maintains staff resources.
Current registration/license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State. One (1) year experience in a Certified Home Health Agency One year experience in Adult Education. Illustrates effective communication skills.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing- BSN
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Good Samaritan Hospital Home Care