Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 hours weekly
Monday - Friday day shift
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the management of the department including day-to-day tasks and responsibilities and related projects.
1. Adds value as a key member of management understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Supports team members and actively promotes efficient operation and quality care, and legendary customer service for pediatric patients using a team approach.
4. Participate in the development and education of all staff members for clinically related issues. Encourage employee compliance with quality projects in education, tracking, and the development of improvement plans.
5. Develops and maintains processes to support physicians and clinical staff for patient flow, information processing, chart retrieval and documentation, telecommunications, etc.
6. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
7. Maintains facilities, equipment, and furnishings in clean, high quality working order and arranges for repair and maintenance when necessary.
8. Assures appropriate medical and office supply inventory for each practice and facilitates acquisition of equipment and supplies for the office.
9. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
10. Conducts annual performance evaluations for team members.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and motivation to other staff members with emphasis on working as a collaborative team to provide quality service to patients and their families.
2. Strong organizational skills are required.
3. Ability to work well under pressure to prioritize and complete required tasks and responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are required.
5. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
6. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
7. Experience working with various levels within an organization is required.
8. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
9. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
10. Experience working with an electronic medical record system (i.e. EPIC) is preferred.
11. Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and privacy policies is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in related field is required coupled with one year of experience OR Associate's degree coupled with three (3) years of relevant experience OR High School diploma or equivalent coupled with five (5) years of relevant experience.
2. Certification: None.
3. Years of relevant experience: One (1) to five (5) years of experience based on type of degree (See Education requirement above).
4. Years of supervisory experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: