Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Variable Day Shift
Summary: The Patient Liaison acts as the main contact and liaison for family/patient for patients with complex scheduling needs and coordination across transdisciplinary care teams.
Responsibilities: 1. Acts as the main contact and liaison for patients and their families where patient has complex scheduling needs requiring coordination across transdisciplinary care teams.
2. Assesses patient needs, determines appropriate services, and directs patient to those who can meet their care needs.
3. Coordinates appointment scheduling functions and prepares the family/patient for entrance to the department.
4. Performs point-of-service activities, including visit preparation and patient tracking.
5. Facilitates patient information and charting.
6. Mentors and acts as resource for care team in patient scheduling and provider support processes.
7. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in customer service is required.
2. Experience with medical terminology and information is required.
3. Experience in the use of interviewing skills is required.
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, coupled with strong listening skills.
5. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, as well as anticipate and resolve problems.
6. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
7. Ability to type 35 words per minute (WPM) is required.
8. Experience working with various levels within an organization is required.
9. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
10. Experience working with a computer-based appointment scheduling system is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Certified in Non-Violence Crisis Intervention by the Crisis Training Institute or an equivalent program that addresses ways to de-escalate potentially violent incidents. If not certified at time of hire, candidate will obtain certification within six months from date of hire.
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of four (4) years of experience is required for candidates without a Bachelor's degree. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree should have a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: