Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
PRN (As needed) Primarily for Saturday and Sunday
Summary: The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients referred and provides instructions and assistance to patient's families as indicated.
1. Evaluates and treats patients referred and provides instructions and assistance to patient's families as indicated.
2. Effectively works with and supervises physical therapist assistants and students.
3. Provides documentation for medical records/insurance needs.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in pediatric physical therapy is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Doctorate in Physical Therapy is required.
2. Certification: Ohio Physical Therapist licensure is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: