School Staff Nurse - Akron City Schools - New Rates of Pay!
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 6649
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Akron City Schools
1:1 with student
7:00 AM - 3:15 PM while school is in session
Summary: The School Staff Nurse is responsible for the provision of school health services to the student population serviced.
Responsibilities: 1. Provides school health services as directed by department and contracts.
2. Provides the clinical care necessary within the department, including routine, special needs, and emergency first aide.
3. Maintains appropriate student health records and documents services rendered
4. Participates in the educational efforts of the department and the hospital.
5. Communicates effectively with management, parents/guardians, school authorities, and allied personnel.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with departmental/school/State and Federal, and Human Resource policies, procedures and guidelines.
8. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in a school setting is preferred.
2. Experience in pediatric nursing is preferred.
3. Experience working within a multidisciplinary team is preferred. Minimum of one year experience in healthcare is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required.
2. Certification: BLS certification is required. Registered Nurse licensure is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 1 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: