Assistant Director of Nursing Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Tavares, Florida
Internal Number: 21027297
Assistant Director of Nursing AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
4501 Waterman Way, Tavares FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provide leadership in formulating the philosophy of the in-service education programs in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of Nursing Service.
· In coordination with the Director of Nursing, determines needs of employees and implements a program of instruction designed to meet those needs. Confers with supervisor/nursing staff to determine the need for training to design programs for increase job proficiency and morale.
· Develops and directs orientation programs for all nursing personnel.
· Plans, coordinates, and conducts regular and special in-service training sessions for staff to familiarize them with new procedures, policies, and changes in resident care techniques.
· Develop, maintain, and utilize records pertinent to in-service programs.
· Keeps current on professional and industry standards, regulations and trends by attending professional seminars, institutes and reading professional journals, and confers with the DON for any necessary revisions in current educational program criteria.
· Is aware of resident current care needs and participates in purposeful rounding daily to review resident conditions and staff approaches to resident care.
· May be designated as the infection control preventionist.
· Supervises the manner in which physicians’ orders are implemented.
· Participates in the hiring process of facility staff by performing drug screening, etc.
Assists in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director. Assists in planning, organizing, and directing educational programs relating to training orientation and in-service education.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.