Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Key Result Areas
â�¢ The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability , and assumes responsibility for the qualify fo work performed.
â�¢ Follows district rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certifiation, and authorization required for employment.
â�¢ Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately.
â�¢ Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner.
â�¢ Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area.
â�¢ Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
â�¢ The employee workes independentaly and requests assistance/direction when needed.
â�¢ Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area.
â�¢ Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
â�¢ The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes work assignments.
â�¢ Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner.
â�¢ Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses district resources appropriately.
â�¢ Meets or exceeds district rules on attendance and tardiness.
â�¢ The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
â�¢ The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to lean job related skills, policies and procedures.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist, the Radiologic Technologist Advanced shall provide radiographic services to patients. The technologist shall operate imaging equipment, image processing, prepare radiographic exam rooms, and maintain equipment and supplies. The technologist shall provide imaging service utilizing various modalities and in multiple environments including the Operating Suites, the Patient Room, Outpatient Imaging facilities, the Emergency Department and in the Department of Radiology. The Radiologic Technologist's performance and behavior shall be both reflective and supportive of the Mission Statement and Core Values of the hospital. Demographic information limited Patient Health Information as related to job function.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
1) Properly establish / confirm patient identity, verify Physicians order and obtain relevant patient history.
2) Educate patient and explain procedure.
3) Transfer patient to table and position patient for exam to be performed.
4) Continually monitor patient for safety and comfort, respect patient privacy.
5) Practice proper technique, positioning and radiation safety to keep exposures ALARA
6) Monitor all images for the highest possible quality.
7) Continually display professional communication skills and behavior toward all patients, family members and staff members.
8) Constantly display satisfactory working knowledge of all radiographic equipment and use equipment in appropriate and safe manner.
9) Be proficient with all department equipment and systems, Computerized Radiography, CT, Information Systems, and PACS and document all relevant information appropriately into systems as required.
10) Demonstrate clinical competence, initiative and professionalism at all times.
11) Adhere to all department and hospital policies, including, but not limited to: time and attendance, dress codes, Kronos, documentation of credentials and the use of image markers.
12) Transport patients and assist other modalities with transportation of patients when necessary.
13) Other duties as requested by Director as needed.
Graduate of an accredited two year school of Radiologic Technology, ARRT Registration, state and fluoroscopy licensure required. Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, physicians, visitors, and other staff members. Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required (maintain current at all times). State of California fluoroscopic permit, exam eligible within 90 days.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: RAD TECH
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.