YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME, LICENSSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Educational Accreditation Coordinator at AdventHealth University
Location : 671 Winyah Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Universityâ¯
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values.
We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Work Hours/Shift: Per Diem / Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates behaviors at AdventHealth University in harmony with AHU's "Four Words" of Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship as well as AdventHealth's Performance Standards of "Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It."
Actively participates in:
• Forecast needs, layout curriculum design, and implement educational programming on local, regional, or national levels.
• Recommend strategies for teaching adult learners.
• Meeting accreditation guidelines within the various REECM(s).
• Submitting course application(s) for contact hours to various credentialing bodies.
• Develop patient education materials.
• Participate in accreditation budget and planning stages for continued education forecast.
• Develop long-term strategy to move education forward and develop short-term tactical plans that accomplish annual objectives.
• Meet continuing education needs through the understanding of corporate and regulatory environment. Setting and managing timelines, budgets and deliverables for the accreditation department.
• Preparation and often delivery of meetings in conjunction with division and accreditation.
• Electronic file conversion and maintenance of records both in hard and electronic copies.
• Exhibit and model the characteristics of a Christian professional - cultivating positive working relationships with students and faculty.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by department director.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Master's Degree – Bachelor's degree in nursing is required if master's is in another concentration.
Minimum 10 years nursing experience, with a minimum of 5 years in education.
Training experience in at least one healthcare setting (i.e. hospital-based, physician-based, home health, long term care, etc.)
Previous experience with an ANCC accredited provider/approver unit.
Experience developing continuing education programs for nurses or other healthcare professionals.
Previous experience with academic (undergraduate or graduate level) and continuing education activities from design, implementation, through to outcome assessment.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Educational Accreditation Coordinator (EAC) will provide administrative support to the Department Director and Accreditation Manager on preparing documents to be submitted to the different accreditation agencies. The EAC will assist with the management of continuing education activities delivered or approved by echelon® and maintaining accreditation status(s). The EAC serves in the role of a Nurse Planner as identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and assists with the identification of learning needs, development of activities, credentialing standards, delivery of programs to healthcare clients, and collaboration with hospitals on comprehensive continuing education programs to ensure that clinical objectives are being fulfilled. Contributes to the writing, editing, designing, preparation, and submitting proposals for new programs and projects for the department. Maintain a professional, caring, and warm environment within the echelon® Department and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.