Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢ A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢ A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professional
1. Disassembles, decontaminates instruments, instrument trays, procedural trays and equipment, utensils, and supplies, by hand-washing and using various types of washer decontaminators, sterilizers, and ultrasonic machines, following policy/procedures, manufactures recommendations and standards and recommended practices of regulating agencies, i.e. AAMI, AORN, SGNA, OSHA, TJC, CMS and the FDA.
2. Knowledge of infection control, quality assurance and departmental policies and procedures, collects, cleans, decontaminates, disinfects and/or sterilizes surgical instrumentation, flexible endoscopes, instrument trays/containers, packs, reusable medical devices and patient care equipment.
3. Inspects all instruments for cleanliness, and test for functionality.
4. Assembles all instruments trays, procedures trays, packs, and kits according to the prescribed manner using pick-list/count sheets as a guide.
5. Wraps, Peel Packs and/or containerizes all instruments, instrument trays and items following manufactures instructions for use (IFU) and department policy/procedures.
6. Identifies items with name and/or description of item, date, initials, and load sticker for tracking and quality control purposes.
7. Loads sterilizer racks utilizing sterilizer manufactures loading recommendations.
8. Sterilizes all instrumentation, trays, and supplies using preferred sterilization methods of device manufacturer, sterilizer manufacturersâ�� recommendations and departmental policies/procedures.
9. Operates steam sterilizers, chemical sterilization (Sterrad, Steris System 1E), and high level disinfection according to IFU and monitors mechanical, chemical and biological processes by accurately documenting and logging data.
10. Completes appropriate documentation records prior to and after sterilization; reads and initials autoclave documents to verify appropriate sterilization cycle parameters were met.
11. Knowledge and proficiency to utilize various computerized systems and ability to perform advanced trouble shooting skills.
12. Stores and distributes sterile items, utilizing AAMI and AORN Standards and Recommended Practices.
13. Prioritizes daily work load using daily surgery schedule and assign priority to emergency requests and issues required supplies and equipment based on knowledge of procedure intended: assemble and wrap material, instruments and supplies according to established aseptic technique.
14. Adherence to hand washing requirements, appropriate utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE), workflow patterns, standard precautions, sterility assurance, biological monitoring, and dress code. Demonstrates competency in maintaining neat, safe, dust-free work environment.
15. Validates and maintains: event-related sterility assurance protocols, disinfection and/or sterilization load parameters and records, instrument and set assembly checklists and equipment monitoring logs, ensuring and validation of accuracy and consistency of data collection.
16. Meets regulatory requirements and competencies for sterilization, high level disinfection, and biological monitoring.
17. Inspects, disassembles sorts, cleans, and processes reusable instrumentation and equipment.
18. Selects appropriate cleaning brushes, cleaning agents, and follows manufacturer recommendations for proper uses.
19. Accurately documents and maintains daily records for all QA and sterilization functions according to regulatory agencies and infection control standards.
20. Assists in coordinating Sterile Processing with Operating Room functions and nursing unit/area functions and other user departments in order to provide service promptly and efficiently.
21. Performs biological and chemical monitoring in accordance with quality improvement standards. Sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies as required; handles and stores instruments, equipment and supplies appropriately.
22. Assists with the daily inventory inspections to maintain adequate stock and supply levels for the work area and case volume.
23. Assists the department to achieve department and organizational goals
24. Maintains good working relationships with other departments.
â�¢ Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 pounds)
â�¢ Prolonged standing/walking
â�¢ Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching
â�¢ Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
â�¢ May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
â�¢ Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases
â�¢ Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
â�¢ Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
â�¢ Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Graduate High School or equivalent (GED)
Certified Sterile Processing Technician from IAHCSMM or CSBPD within 8 months of hire
Minimum of 1 years Surgical or Sterile Processing experience preferred
Current BLS Certification
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.