Central Intake Lead Home Health Full Time Days AdventHealth Dade City
Location Address:13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Only hospital in East and Central Pasco to earn Accreditation in Atrial Fibrillation in 2018 by the American College of Cardiology
Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2019 by Healthgrades
Earned Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus TS Quality Achievement Award 2018 by American Heart/Stroke Association
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
1. Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care
2. Assists with supervising Central Intake staff ensuring they complete their duties and coaches those needing additional mentoring to achieve their potential.
3. Answers phone promptly, courteously and professionally
4. Ensures that referrals are entered into the patient’s EMR.
5. Ensures the insurance verification is performed prior to accepting of referrals and copays, deductibles and initial auth is obtained for MCR replacement policies.
6. Ensures referral are reviewed by the Clinical Documentation Specialist when high skill tasks are noted such as wound care, IV’s, tube feedings, trachs, ostomies etc.
7. Ensures staff maintains good communication with referral sources and DME companies
8. Performs Referral Intake auditing to ensure accuracy of data entered by staff
9. Demonstrates computer skills and knowledge and maintenance of office equipment
10. Demonstrate cost-effective practices
11. Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled
12. Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty
13. Develop skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities
14. Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate to departmental needs.
15. Assists with the general day-to-day management of the Central Intake department.
16. Complete related tasks as assigned by the Regional Business Office Manager or Administrator.
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Demonstrates knowledge of office management skills
• A high level of multitasking, organization and proactive communications skills are necessary
• Problem solving abilities
• Positive interpersonal communication skills
• Must possess sound judgment and critical thinking skills
• Team and customer service oriented
• Must be able to manage multiple details, tasks and decision-making abilities under busy and stressful working conditions
• Basic computer skills required including but not limited to MS Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Computer keyboard and word processing skills.
• One (1) year of general office experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• College courses or equivalent work experience preferably in medical records, home health or related healthcare environment.
• One (1) year supervisory experience.
Helps the Central Intake Supervisor supervise the Central Intake Department. In conjunction with the Central Intake Supervisor he/she is responsible to ensure that all referrals are entered into EMR system after receiving intake, pulling appropriate documents from Cerner, Epic, or from the physician’s office. Assist with ensuring that insurance verification is performed on all referrals and referral documents are scanned and linked into patient’s EMR. Has professional communication with: case managers, home care coordinators, physician’s office regarding taking referrals and follow-up phone calls to inform of acceptance of referral. Assist with answering incoming phone calls and distribute to the appropriate personnel. Assists with training and coaching Central Intake employees to promote a successful department.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.