Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Evaluates the medical necessity and appropriateness of patient admissions within 24 hours of admission and checks the level of care status of patients from admission to discharge in accordance with InterQual Criteria.
· On a concurrent basis, reassesses the appropriateness of the level of care; diagnostic testing and clinical procedures; quality and risk issues; and documentation in the medical record for completeness.
· Monitor physicians' documentation for content and completeness to determine if it accurately reflects and substantiates the patient's diagnoses and procedures.
· Assesses patient's goals, psychosocial, environmental, and discharge planning needs, and financial status.
· Assesses, develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with patient and family in both external and internal settings.
· Communicates effectively and routinely with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other caregivers, and third party payors as necessary.
· Liaison between physicians, patients, healthcare providers, caregivers, and payors to orchestrate, coordinate and act as facilitator of the patient's care. Mobilizes resources and coordinates the efforts of the health care team to promote the achievement of positive patient outcomes.
· Rounds with the physicians caring for the patients in their assignment.
· Determines alternatives for post-acute care to physicians and patient / family.
· Identifies issues that may delay patient discharge and facilitates timely resolution of these issues and communicates anticipated / actual delays with the patient / family, physician, and healthcare team.
· Follows through with finalizing all aspects of the discharge plan including facilitating hand-off communication between sending and receiving nurses, and confirming transportation / transfer arrangements.
· Ensures patients / families are aware of and in agreement with all post-acute services, including any possible / actual associated out of pocket costs to the patient and document such in the medical record.
· Maintains timely and up to date documentation of case management activities in Cerner.
· Understands and complies with all licensure and credentialing agencies.
· Uses appropriate channels of communication when initiating a change, reporting information, or addressing a concern.
· Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements action design for self-improvement.
· Ensures timely completion of assigned educational modules on NetLearning for ongoing professional development.
· Support cost containment efforts and work these items on a concurrent basis. – Ensure appropriate use of services (Resource Management); Trending of Avoidable Days; managing LOS (inpatient and observation); Identifying Re-admissions.
· Knowledgeable and compliant in following organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates commitment to philosophy, goals and mission of organization and department.
· Develops and maintains a positive work climate and supports the overall team effort of the hospital.
· Ability to work with diverse patient and staff populations with knowledge and sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting on patient care.
· Other duties as assigned by manager / director.
What You Will Need:
Graduated from accredited school of nursing
Minimum three (3) years acute hospital nursing experience
State of Florida RN or FL license
BLS (within 30 days from hire date or transfer)
Ability to work with diverse patient and staff populations with knowledge and sensitivity to cultural and spiritual influences impacting on patient care
Exhibit a positive attitude.
Ability to work independently, with little direction
Case Management / Resource Management Experience
Case Manager Certification
Knowledge of state and federal programs that provide medical care and financial support to individuals and community resources.
The Care Manager is responsible for performing Utilization Review, Resource Management, and Discharge Planning activities in order to meet the needs of the patient in a timely and cost effective manner.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.