At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Fallon is surrounded by wide-open spaces, internationally known wetlands, historic Pony Express trails, state parks, hiking opportunities, and places to go off-road. Play outdoors for a while then come back into town for some indoor, Nevada-style fun, great dinner, and entertainment.
As a Respiratory Therapy Associate Director at Banner Churchill Community Hospital, you will help provide direct oversight of the team, help with budget, and work as an RRT when needed. This is a full-time role, primarily working the day shift. If you are a strong leader with excellent Respiratory Therapy skills looking to join a great team, this role is for you - apply today!
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 25-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon - a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe - offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support to patients, staff and director within the department. This position supervises employees and participates in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation and staff scheduling. Maintains a depth and breadth of clinical competency to assess the delivery of Respiratory Care and participates in quality improvement processes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Promotes, advocates for and participates in multidisciplinary patient care services using collegial and collaborate approach to group decision making as part of a self-direct work team.
2. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
3. Serves as a resource and provides leadership assistance to achieve optimal clinical, operational, financial, and satisfaction outcomes. Acts as a consultant within the organization and perhaps in the community.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department. Works with staff to make necessary changes. May analyze data and healthcare trends to gain efficiencies and improve patient outcomes.
5. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Provides operational, financial and managerial leadership. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, community agencies, vendors, registry agents and regulatory agencies.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources as typically achieved through three years of technical experience and two years of managerial experience. Requires excellent leadership skills and an ability to interact well across departments, facilities and organizations. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R20598
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.