Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for optimizing the experience of patients and families who receive care within the hospital and ambulatory care setting. Effectively interfaces and collaborates with providers and staff to identify solutions to care coordination, involving all team members as needed. This position supports the multidisciplinary team with member navigational services through referral from the team or retrospectively from the payer.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Researches concerns and provides resolutions to patient's issues and needs, in collaboration with all team members.
2. This position is responsible for on-going client data collection and documentation in the medical record. Engages the appropriate resources within the multidisciplinary team to achieve optimal results for the patient, family, and care givers.
3. Offers assistance with coordinating multiple appointments, utilizing the scheduling systems to ensure thorough communication across the multiple disciplines.
4. Provides a list of care gaps to the multidisciplinary team and works to coordinate to close gaps/issues. Bridges gaps between the member and the clinical team including but not limited to following up with members, asking about needs and obstacles, and addressing health literacy, cultural issues and social-class barriers.
5. Meets and accompanies the patient and family to their initial appointments with providers before and after acute and post-acute transition.
6. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
7. Educates internal members of the health care team on care management and managed care concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
8. Works independently to provide excellent patient care. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family and members of the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a knowledge of Medical terminology as normally obtained through the completion of , Medical Assistant Training, Patient Care Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant Training and 2 years of health care experience.
Requires excellent time management and problem-solving skills, ability to meet constantly shifting deadlines and timelines and excellent customer service and recovery skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in Social Work preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 01/01/2017
Internal Number: R18971
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.